This site, physicsandmore.net , will take you to a tour of books and articles written by me and, at the same time, it will welcome ideas and opinions from you as and when you post those to this site. The contents of this site will relate to physics, to questions and problems in physics, to the sheer fun and challenge of doing physics, as also to issues beyond physics. More..
Physics in fun: a layman’s diary IV
• On perceiving a state of anxiety and tension among the passengers, why did the captain of the ship order it to be sunk in the high seas?
▪ Since the ship was in motion while remaining on the sea surface the captain, in a rare flash of insight, diagnosed the malaise as a case of surface tension.
• On being told of the relativistic theory, the monarch with a modern outlook issued a decree banning the study and practice of Newtonian physics in his kingdom. But then, why did he get so annoyed while in the toilet?
▪ Over-zealous officials had kept a bottle of non-Newtonian soap solution for his use.
• Why did the liquidity of the big firm suffer such a drastic reduction within a short span of time?
▪ Because a number of conspiring board members had siphoned away a large amount of funds.