This site, physicsandmore.net , will take you to a tour of books and articles written by me and, at the same time, it will welcome ideas and opinions from you as and when you post those to this site. The contents of this site will relate to physics, to questions and problems in physics, to the sheer fun and challenge of doing physics, as also to issues beyond physics. More..
Physics in fun: a layman’s diary I
• Why did the forward-thinking director of the premier technology institute order the removal of the large portrait of George Simon Ohm, and its replacement with a life-size negative made from the original?
▪ Because he wanted to register recognition of the importance of non-Ohmic devices in present-day technology.
• Why was the railway minister so terribly unhappy?
▪ Because he ordered the installation of a hundred highly efficient Carnot engines as part of his railways modernization scheme, while his officers could not procure even a single one.
• Why did the under-trial prisoner get electrocuted in the court-room itself?
▪ Because of the charges thrown at him.